Wednesday, January 12, 2011

do you have snow?

We do!

Yes, the banana belt here in Chatham got dumped on last night. Nice light fluffy stuff and with the wind direction, everything that fell across the street easily blew onto MY driveway! Where are those boys when I need them! hmph! But I struck a deal! I shovel and Mark buys me a pair of tall chocolate brown UGG's! LOL! I failed to tell him though about the new outfit or two that I'll need to go along with those yummy chocolate brown UGG's! hehehehe! Nice tweed long gored skirt is in my future! I'm such a devil!

So now that I am sore in places that I never knew existed I'm just gonna make the rest of this post short and sweet and move on to something fun and funky! Do you consider yourself hip? maybe cool? sort of not the traditional mushy pink or red hearts sort of gal? Then THIS is the card for you to make for your better half this valentine's day!


This is a Jessica Rose image from Stamping Bella called row of lamps and the sentiment even comes along with the image! BONUS! As always, I stamped my image with memento ink on bella's BESTEST paper and coloured with the following copic markers:

BG93, 96, 99
YG21, 03, C00, 1, 3
E40, 42, 43, 44
B52, 95, 97

I did use some pencils to add some shading to the lamps, and of course I used pencils to create the soft yellow glow around those lit up shades. And if the base of the lamp looked like it might be ceramic (or glass like the lava lamp) they got a nice heafty dose of some Ranger glossy accents! The sentiment was stamped then cut out with a Spellbinders die, but I have NO CLUE what it is called so if you are interested I would suggest you browse thru the Spellbinders website for it.

As I always try to do, I stuck to my process and after picking my image I chose the Basic Grey marjolaine paper for my colour imspiration because I loved the retro feel of the smokey blue and olive green combo!

So that's it for today! I'll be back on Friday with my first Bellarific challenge card for this year! Let me just say, it is REALLY CUTE!

Later, Linda.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

As always, your cards are just fabulous! I never miss checking your blog every day to see what new inspirations you have in store for us.

We got over 14 inches of snow here in Sioux City (Iowa) this week so I can identify with your snow tales.

Dana White said...

I'm so HAPPY you finally got some snow! Oh nice choice on the boots - happy shopping!
Your card is stunning - I must add this image to my wish list!!

petra,s cards said...

good morning linda your card is just gorgeous!!!
xx petra

Victoria said...

Simply beautiful art here! I found your blog randomly and fell for it at once...
I don´t follow any blogs and I am just a beginner of making cards & stuff so I don´t have all the experience of checking blogs etc. But this...suits me perfectly!!! Nice writing (I love to write), humour AND great art with "my kind of style".
Your style is perfect, lovely and FUN! I´ll be back here - trust me!
Thanks :o)

/ Victoria, Sweden

Ida said...

Fun lamp image and cute card.
Our snow melted as it's over 50 degrees here today. Much welcomed after the 20-30's we've had for the past 2-3 weeks.

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! I'm always surprised at how you pick up a stamp that I would have no idea what to do with and make into such a beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails