Friday, January 21, 2011

Free Form Friday!

And a Happy Friday it is! ...Really, aren't they all!

This week our challenge was a free for all! Yup...do whatever you want and I decided to make a bright and cheerie birday card with Little Peep's BIRTHDAY CAKE.


As I always do, I stamped on bella's BESTEST paper and coloured with copics. I didn't think to write down the colours but they were likely RV00, 10, 11 and BV02, 04. I used pencils for the grass and sponged some VersaMagic Thatched Straw chalk ink around the edges.

A little tip on sewing those tight rounded corners. First off, go SLOW...like ONE stitch at a time slow. On my machine, a Bernina, I have the bonus of setting it to stop with the needle up or down. So I set it with the needle to stop in the down position, sew one stitch, stop, turn my paper slightly, then sew the next stitch. Keep doing this until you have made it around the curve. If you aren't able to stop with your needle down, you can always do one stitch at a time by manually turning the wheel.

That's it for this morning and we won't have a challenge next week because Emily will be at CHA but be sure to check out the Babe's blogs because we just MAY have more cards to showcase! AND...did you read on Em's blog that the new CHA release will be up LIVE on Tuesday Jan 25th!!!! I'm thinking she did that to keep Dena busy while she was gone!!! hehehe!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute! I have some of those flowers and never really knew what to do with them...thanks for the idea!

CraftyViolet said...

Another nice card. I really like that stamp too. I think I'll put it on my wish list.

Dana White said...

Linda this is so cute - I don't have the patience for one stitch sewing - must learn that! How are the boots?!

Rach said...

how cute, look at the size of that cake!.xxx

petra,s cards said...

hi linda your card is just beautiful!!!great collorwork!!

xx petra

Kerri said...

Love your card as always...this for sharing

Anonymous said...

I should of read your tips on rounded sewing first, mine was a disaster...but I posted it anyway...HA! This is beautiful ho!!!

Robin McK said...

Hey Lindabella!
This card is delicious! The colouring on the cake really pops - your peep is adorable!

dpkennedy said...

This is so sweet! I can't wait for the new release!

Louise said...

Cute card Linda! Beautiful colouring as usual!

Louisé

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. I love all your work. You are so inspirational. I've been digging out my Bellas and am busy colouring them this evening, thinking of you when you said you colour when you're too tired to put things together.

I awarded you with an award which you can see on my blog tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails