Sunday, December 28, 2008

Anatomy of a Card

Hi everyone, this morning I was working on some cards for an upcoming pickle class and after getting a cutie magenta lion all mounted on this card I decided I didn't like it. So I carefully ripped it off and had this green background with giant eyelets left in front of me. After using three of those giant eyelets it seemed sinful to trash the entire thing. So I pulled out my JudiKins abstract leaves that I bought in Novi this past summer and set to work with my prismacolor pencils.


I didn't use gamsol on these, instead I put on thin layers of color with my pencils slowly adding colour until I had enough on there to be blendable. Then I blended the colours together with a blender pencil. When that was done, I coloured on top of the leaves with my VersaMarker and embossed in clear. Finally, I sponged on some Thatched Straw Versamagic around the edges, mounted it on a piece of black cardstock and onto the card it went.


Three giant eyelets salvaged and a good masculine card for my stash!

4 comments:

Tammi said...

Ooohhh! What a beautiful way to salvage a card... love the effect, the colors are striking and so pretty!

Cindy H. said...

Great manly card!! I love the copper eyelets - they look terrific on this manly card!

paula said...

Oh yeah! I love these leafs, I agree with Cindy, manly, and I don't have any manly stamps. I like how you added the clear embossing on top, can't wait to see this one IRL! See ya real soon... Oh, yeah, the oven...sounds awesome!

Karen said...

Love those leaves! Glad the lion didn't work out because this card is perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails