Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another weekend....GONZO!!!!!!!!

Geeeeze...I can remember back, oh maybe 25years ago, when I first moved to Chatham and started working how the weekends used to DRAG ON! I didn't know many people here, didn't have a car, public transit in a city of less than 40,000 people that is situated in the middle of farming communities is let's say, LACKING! Work was my livelihood! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE! Now, I live for the weekends and they fly by WAY too fast.

Yesterday Paula and the Michigan gals came over and Paula was a COLOURING machine! I think she 'gloated' that she got like FIVE things coloured! hmhp! me...not so much...got one done and then messed up my shading so it no longer matched my paper that I wanted to use so into the "coloured with no matching paper" pile it went! LOL!...but this morning I pulled it out and persevered because I really wanted to use it for this weeks GETTING HITCHED challenge. You'll be happy to know I finished it, but it does help when you have 5, 675, 346 pieces of patterned paper to choose from! LOL! After finishing that up I got down to some colouring and pulled out Izzie has a Brelly which I can show you today.


This card could also be used for this weeks challenge because Mom needs a bridal shower card, so I made two for her to choose from...this one, and the one I will feature on Friday. If I had to pick...it would definitely be Izzy cause I love her! That shy expression, those cute little stovepipe legs, and her vintage style just appeal to me. You know what else appeals to me....this Kioshi paper from Basic Grey! OMG! I LOOOOOVE IT! I think it is my most fave paper from Basic Grey EVER!

One last thing....Paula had a good stash of cards with her yesterday and besides her jaw dropping colouring, the thing I have never really noticed about her cards is that she 'pops' them. I asked her if she always does this and she gave me a weird look like 'Yaaaaaah...don't yoo'! For all the dozens and dozens of cards I have seen of hers there has always been something about them besides the colouring that I have loved....FINALLY I just realized it....she pops them up...ever so slightly, but they are popped! so that is what I did today....I popped my Izzie...and I think I just may pop up ever card from here to eternity!!!!!!!!!!! It is like after nearly 10 years of stamping, I have suddenly rediscovered pop dots!

It just goes to show you how it is always the little things that bring me joy!

Well, since there is NOTHING good on TV, I'm gonna watch some Dexter on DVD and hit the pillow early to get ready for another week of work that does not excite me as much as it did 25 years ago!

hmmmm...hope the boss isn't reading my post today!

11 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

gorgeous!! Your coloring just amazes me - I need to learn how to color like you!! And she goes so perfectly with that luscious paper!

Jennifer said...

This is so cute! Wonderful coloring!!

Silli said...

Love your card Lynda, love the appers and the colors, your coloing is fabulous.

dolcreations said...

Oh Linda...this is just gorgeous! I love the soft peach and the soft greens! Your colouring just amazes me! Glad to hear you had a fantastic visit!

Terri said...

It brings me great joy to hear that even people with your amazing talent, are still learning new things. I guess there is hope for us all, lol! Darling card and I can't wait to see what you came up with for this week's Bella challenge!

sueincanada said...

Love this card and your colour choices are amazing.

GabrielaD said...

Wow... what a lovely card. I wanted to let you know that I passed an award to you. Go to my blog to check it out.

Jodi Collins said...

This is AMAZING Linda! Your coloring is always a treat to behold! FAB card!!

Cindy H. said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Fabulous coloring, as always! tfs

Tanya S said...

Wow just perfect!!Your coloring is stunning and inspiring.I'm so glad I ordered this stamp too.

The Spotted Chick said...

Well popped or not, they're ALL stunning as usual!! I love little Izzie. Beautiful card Linda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails