Wednesday, March 10, 2010

sometimes you just gotta do it!

That is...make a MANLY card! I know, I'm sure many of you are just squirming at the thought of it. Your thinking...like what?...I can't color flowers, or a whimsy little bella? I've got to color an image and use something other than my pink, yellow and orange markers? Please say it isn't so!



The truth is, those guys like getting cards too so whenever I find something that will work for one of the many mid to late teen guys in my family I scoop it. Such was the case when I spotted this Penny Black dude a couple years ago at the Scrapfest in Kitchener. I knew I'd have use for him eventually. I've also got a couple Mo's teen guys in my arsenal just waiting to get inky! I'll be getting to those pretty soon too since I have a couple guys of my own who will be turning the big 2-0 next month. They always expect some witty card from their Mom and I would hate to disappoint them!

This dude was stamped on Bella's bestest paper and coloured with copic markers. The brass embellishment I think is Karen Foster that I've had in my stash forever and I cut out 'dude' with my quickutz Rollerskate alphabet. Gotta LOVE them quickutz!

For you copic marker fans, here are the colors I used:
B41, 34, 95, 97 (but I also used some indigo blue pencil to add some extra depth and texture to the jeans)
E50, 51, 53, R20 (i prefer these shades of neutrals for 'male' flesh tones)
W00, 0, 1 (yup, i did MOST of the shading around the image with copics this time adding a bit of french grey to finish it off, then used just pencils for the 'grounding' under his feet)
E40, 41, 43, 44 (jacket, also shaded with sepia pencil)
E30, 31, 33, 35 (hair...my fav go-to colors for hair!)

Well, that's it! Now don't forget....tomorrow is the big release day over at Stamping Bella and I have one last sneak peek for ya so get up early! Now, I'm off to creep the bella babe's blogs some more to see what else they may have in store.

2 comments:

The Spotted Chick said...

Woo-hoo!!! I'm 1st!! I love him! Love the coloring, the paper, the layout.... well I LOVE the whole package!! Just AWESOME Linda!

Crafty Cath said...

Spiffy card. I too find it hard to do Male cards. My husband will tell me to do one for his 30 something nephews and I'm like - do what? I've tried cars and fishing but the choice of Bellas's is much more fun for girlies and kids. Te He. And you're right you can add ribbon and flowers and glitter and they appreciate it but I wonder if the males notice it at all. Thanks too for the Copic colors. Love to see what goes into making your cards gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails