Friday, March 19, 2010

Monochromatic Color Schemes

Well, what did you think of this weeks challenge? Personally, I found it VERY challenging. Now I do love monochromatic color schemes in fashion and home decor because I think it is very sophisticated...(just like me! ....LOL! NOT!!!!) but in a card! oh my...it was a challenge!


I chose Chichibouli's Eva Bloom for my card and decided I wanted to use soft shades of copic B's, BV's and V's because I thought there were enough colors in there for me to work with. So here you go...these are the colors I used:

E0000, 000, 00, 11, R20
E41, 42, 43
Y0000, E40 (for some highlight at the tips of her dress)
BV0000, 000, 00, 11, 31
V0000, 000, 01, 12
B60, 63 (I used this on the egg, but it was too blue so went over it with some BV's)
C00, 0, 1 for shading around her, then added just a bit of cool grey pencil to darken it up a bit
Finally I used a Prismacolor Black Cherry pencil to add some depth to the egg and shadows on her dress.

As hard as I found it, I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Next week we are gonna make it REALLLLLLL easy on ya...it is a sketch! I know how you all love a sketch and this one suits my style to a 'T' so I can't wait to get started on it. I also can't wait to see what everyone did with the monochromatic color scheme so be sure to hop on over to Emily's blog later today and check it out! And if you are impatient like I am go stalk the rest of the Babe's blogs to see if you can get a sneak peek! hehehe!

8 comments:

Guylaine Seyer said...

this is a lovely card

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous Linda!!! You would never know from looking at this card that you had a hard time with it.

Janette said...

Fantastic card and as always your colouring is superb.x

Dana White said...

I found it hard to; more wrapping my brain around the idea but I also liked the outcome. Yours is stunning as always!!

Nanah said...

A lovely easter card.
I like.
A good week end
Nanah.

Rene Sharp said...

Your coloring is just awesome. This card is stunning, I just love your work!

The Spotted Chick said...

Beeeee-u-tiful!! Love her and the sparkle is perfect! Gotta get this stamp now... although must put it away for a loooooong time after seeing this! LOL!! GORJUSS Linda!

paula tracy williamson said...

MAN...I love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails