Sunday, March 21, 2010

A kiss is just a kiss...

...a smile is just a smile...

alright...I'm NOT gonna sing! i promise! why? because i am totallllllly tone deaf! seriously...last new years eve i played rock star on x-box and scored like 30 points! I totally embarrasses the hubs! My singing career is like DONE! However...if you search LONG AND HARD...you may just find that moment on you tube! But I'll NEVER give up that link!


Okay...I know you are NOT here to listen to me sing so I'll get on with today's card. Kiss me you fool! It is sooooooooo Cary Grant, don't you think? I'm NOT even gonna try to list the colors I used in this card because I'll fess up, it is not the vision I started out with. I wanted her dress to be a soft grey, which ended up to be...I dunno...light caramel?...But I was determined to use this My Minds Eye paper that I picked up at Stamping Bella on my last visit so I added LOTS (like LOTS!) of pencils to her dress to get somewhat close to the paper! It is still not a perfect match, but WAY better than where it started!

I will say the mice were coloured with cool greys for the 'guy' and warm greys for the 'gal' and his shorts were done in YG 91, 93, 95 and I started with E40 and 42 for his shirt and her dress but again...LOTS of pencils were added here!

One thing I am very pleased with is the addition of another one of Meahni's Mom's beautiful crocheted flowers! I have a limited supply so only pull them out when I think the card is 'flower worthy'....and even after my trauma over the soft grey dress that turned out caramel, I still think this is flower-worthy!

Well...I've been busy busy busy this weekend...Mom needed some cards so I got a couple of those done and I'm just finishing up my challenge card for Friday! Talk about organized! I'm soooo not like this! Don't worry, my life will all fall apart again tomorrow when I head back to the 'day job' ! hmph!

I envy those who 'craft' for a living!

5 comments:

Janette said...

Gorgeous card,love the image and I always love the way you colour and shade,fabulous.x

Jane Wetzel said...

omg Linda...sooooooo cute! I am SURE it tops your singing! he he he!

Cindy H. said...

I love this sweet card!! Those mice are adorable and your coloring, as always, super! tfs

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done!

paula tracy williamson said...

ohhhh, NOW i am REALLY glad I bought that Spellbinders die! This is de-lish, even if it has coloring flaws...bwahahahahaha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails