Monday, August 25, 2008

Time Well Spent

Call me anal if you must, but that's okay because when it comes to organization, I am a bit anal. I got my first copic markers about a year ago after fence sitting for about 6 months. I knew it would be a big expense and I had to decide if I would really use them, and more importantly, if I could 'master' them. When I finally decided to take the plunge I bought the Copic Ciao. I toyed between the full set of Copic Ciao's and the much anticipated colors that Ellen was going to carry. Shortly before Ellen came out with her colors Eclectic Paperie had a deal that I couldn't pass up and jumped into the Ciao's.

Now I'm a girl who has to have it all when it comes to colors! I LOVE to read about everyone's favorite combos but I'm my own person in that respect and need to decide what colors work for ME and I need the whole selection to decide upon. So since buying the set of Ciao's I've been filling the gaps with Sketch markers. I LOVE the sketch markers, not because they are better, because they are NOT...just because I can more easily find the color I'm looking for because the color is labelled on the end of the marker. Like just about everyone who uses copics, I have made a chart with all the colors on it and identified each as being a sketch or a ciao so I can find it more quickly. However, when it came to finding a ciao I was always pulling several out of the case to find the one I am looking for...why...because the color wasn't identified on the end of the cap!

How did I overcome this...well, I spent almost two hours labelling the top of each ciao cap with the color number using the fine tip of an IdentiPen.

So yes, you can call me a bit anal, but I'm much happier now that I have all my markers identified easily so I can quickly find then!

Here are some pics of what I have done.

Labelled Ciao markers.

My Sketch markers that I keep in cups.

The chart that I live and breath by. In case you are just dying to know, the highlighted numbers are the markers that I have in sketch and the little asterisks indicate I own a reinker for that color. If the color box is 'empty' it means I don't have that color yet.

May you all organize your Copic markers, whatever they may be, in a way that makes you happy!

5 comments:

Julia said...

I love my Copics too! But I only have the sketch ones. Why do you like the Ciao ones better? (Just wondering if I'm gonna have to start a collection of them too) I love how well you blend and color. You should do an online tutorial on how to blend better! I'd watch for sure! I've been looking at Mariannes website and have been learning a lot, but I don't think you can overlearn! LOL! Julia

Anonymous said...

LOL, you go girl! you and your tiny marker, making yourself all organized like that! One can only assume there was no wine involved in such a delicate and timely procedure! I can wait to see them! Wait til you see my bella binder....mmmmm

Anonymous said...

I am just starting my Copic collection. Great tip for organizing. Did you create the chart?

Anonymous said...

wow what an awesome chart! i love the organization!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Great ideas! Wondering how the labeling of your Ciao's has held up over time. I'd get an Identipen if you'd recommend it!
Thank you,
Val :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails