Friday, July 11, 2008

Fred B Mullet Ferns

Today is my last official vacation day before the grind continues on Monday. I've stayed off of email for two weeks, but have gotten a couple updates from one of my girlfriend/co-workers. It isn't looking good. Two weeks ago one of our primary support people resigned to relocate to the Toronto area with her husband who got a new job there, and on the Monday after she left, her backup who is expecting a baby was just told by her doctor that she needs to be off work NOW, two months earlier than her due date. YILES! So there has been a ton of scrambling for the last couple weeks. Let's see, how many lotto's can I play between now and Monday to allow me a quickie retirement!

Kitchen update: I FINALLY have a fridge in my kitchen! Oh what a blessing! It is so beautiful I don't even want to put stuff in it! My backsplash also got installed as well as my kick butt Jenn-Air exhaust hood. I'm just waiting for the new microwave and pub table and chairs! When it's all COMPLETELY done I'll be sure to post a few pics.

For today's card my mom need a masculine b'day card so I usally turn to nature when I need one of those. These are some of my 'never seen ink' stamps that I promised myself I would use during my holiday! I stamped the Fred B. Mullett ferns with Brilliance moonlight white on black SU cardstock (by far one of my favourite blacks!), heat set, then added colour to it with my Prismacolor pencils.

To my surprise, when I was getting ready to post this card I was surfing some blogs and see that Andrea Walford posted a great tutorial today called Black Magic Technique which is pretty much what I did on this card! Take a look and give it a try!

6 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Super fabulous. Love the technique. Will give this one a try for sure.
Brenda M.

Anonymous said...

This is really stunning!!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome card Linda and I will be trying this technique as soon as I go buy the ink...LOL The ferns are so pretty, I mean masculine! oops. I really like this layout too, I have a lot to remember here to give this a try...see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda! Really nice card and great technique. Thanks for the link. I can't wait to see your kitchen pics!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey, I picked up the right ink last night at Michael's...the white Brilliance. Now I just gotta do it! LOL Yes, of course I will bring all my cards that I have at work, cause that's where I keeps them! Ok, I just got up and now I gotta get a couple wedding shower cards out...your email made me almost spit out my cereal! haha

StampOwl said...

wow

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails