Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Creepy Clowns

Now creepy wasn't what came to mind when I saw these Basic Grey clowns. Cool retro was the vision that came to my mind. So off I went and coloured them up with my copics, cut them out, assembled them and decided that it would be a really neat card for my nephews 15th birthday. The verse that came with the clear acrylic set says "Hey Kid! Don't you like clowns?"...but when I showed my son and asked him what he thought he said, "Why so serious?". I admit, I'm not really up on the latest movie catch phrases so when I looked puzzled, he says "Joker...The Dark Night"...and had a look on his face like 'what rock have you been under'. Okay, he is 18, I am dangerously close to 50 so to him I do live under a rock!

Being the curious person that I am I had to understand the significance of "Why so serious?" so like any good mom I googled it and this is what I found. Okay, I get it now!

Then I show son #2 (twin of son #1) and tell him that I'm giving it to their cousin for his b'day and inside I'm gonna stamp "Why so serious"...he gave a grin of approval so that is what it will say. My cool retro clowns have become the Joker of The Dark Night!

2 comments:

StampOwl said...

I just got these stamps on Tuesday ... haven't played with them yet ... so it was good to see your card ... Love it

Anonymous said...

I don't know why everyone thinks these clowns are so creepy! I love them! Awesome card Linda! Looks like the next "Aloha"... imagine teaching this one! lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails