Thursday, September 4, 2008

Card weekend extravaganza continues

Since a couple of the cards I made used stamps you've seen before I thought I would switch between a 'never seen' and a 'seen it'. This stamp you have seen before and judging by the views the card got on my SCS gallery I think it was a hit. And it was a perfect choice since I needed a wedding card for my pod-mate Matt's wedding this weekend.I used the same general idea for the dress, colored with copics, layered with frosted lace stickles and popped the bow. To make the bow really look like a bow i curved the edges, popped them with teeny pop dot pieces and glued down the knot in the center. The layout on this card is a bit different, i used spellbinders for the flourishes, and my long rectangle nestie to mount it all on. I also didn't want the specs in this version so I colored the background solid in a dark brown...did this because her colors are pink and brown. I think she is really gonna like it...Matt, well, it doesn't really matter because it IS all about the bride, isn't it?

Next card will be an Impression Obsession Flower quad done in prisma pencils and gamsol. Soooooooooooo pretty! I cannot wait to show you.

6 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card...it was the last card that you posted with this image that inspired me to buy it. Beautiful coloring!

Carol said...

Just stunning!!!! I need to practice more colouring.....sigh........
Carol

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous Linda!! and yes, it IS all about the bride! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Carol...STUNNING!! I LOVE the flourishes, it was the first thing I noticed! I was like 'genius'!! This card brought a lump to my throat!

Anonymous said...

We NEED this at Bride&Joy!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails