Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hold on to your seats!

I actually completed SIX....yes SIX cards this weekend. Now that is a record for me. I am usually lucky if I do two! Part of the reason for my sudden burst of energy is that I caved big time and ordered the Lyra pencils from Stamping Bella. Yes, I'm weak, I'm pathetic but when the pencil queen herself Paula said she loved them I knew I had to have them. Secondly, my mom is in need of some cards so I just HAD to get some done!

In anticipation of the new pencils I spent a lot of this weekend honing up my pencil crayon skills. I used to use them a LOT, but they haven't seen much love since getting my copics. But after a visit with Paula, and a gamsol demo I think I may be ready to bring them to the forefront again. Hey, I can always color the base with my copics and add my shading with the pencils! We'll just have to wait and see what transpires. Just like Paula says, there is always room for more love!

So the first card I'll show you from my mega weekend is this cutie VW wagon that I ordered from Emily. Could you just die! So cute. I paired it up with a sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms and paper that Paula brought me when she was here for a visit in July. I keep all those papers in a special pile so I know where they came from! Paula, are you feelin' the love!

In other news, did you see that Shannan Teubner is THE VERY FIRST EVAH GUEST DESIGNER over at Emily's blog! Congrats and WAY TO GO SHANNAN!

Enjoy, I should have another one for ya all tomorrow!

2 comments:

stamping bella said...

lindalindalindalindalindalindalinda
PHEMONENATIONAL as usual... !!! I love your work.. have I said that lately? I LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!
mwah to da sistah who makes it all work!
Em

Anonymous said...

OMG girl!! I love, love, LOVE this VW bus!! The paper is sooo perfect, good choice! I love that little belt at the bottom too! Working those fingers to the bone has paid off!!! lol Can't wait to see more! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails