Friday, March 11, 2011

40 days and 40 nights....

Okay, it's only been raining here for about 40 hours and I didn't have to build an Ark or anything, but come on, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Bring on some good weather PALEEEZZZEEEE! I guess it could be worse, it could be the 'S' word....like as in SNOW! Hubby has been away for a couple days, home last night thankfully, and I DON'T SHOVEL! I think because my Grandfather suffered a fatal heart attack shovelling snow I have this 'thing in my head' that NOBODY over 50 should shovel snow! I've been unable to plant that seed in hubby's head but I assure you, this babe ain't gonna pick up a shovel! Just NOT gonna happen!

Now that I got that foul weather rant out in the open I can move on to Bellarific Friday! YAY! I decided I wanted to colour an Easter image that I have never done before so I pulled out EGGY with a BUTTERFLY ON TOP by Stamping Bella. But for some reason I had a tough time colouring it with copics. I think because the yellow-orange colours end up being too bright for me so I trashed my first version and did this one entirely in pencils.


I used Basic Grey Kioshi paper as my inspiration and added some Quickutz flourish dies to finish it off...oh ya...used LOTS of glitter too! I've had those flourish dies for several years and at the time they were a limited release so I don't know if they are available anymore.

NOW, I'm gonna spill a secret! Alright....I'm being silly, it's not really a secret, it is our challenge next week and for all you sketch challenged card makers you'll be glad to know it is a SKETCH! This one is brought to us by our fellow babe Dana. Do you know that Dana is our babe 'leader' ....she keeps us all organized with upcoming challenges and who is next at the plate to contribute! I just wanna give a shout out to her here because we would not be the amazing team we are without her! Thanks Dana for keeping us in line and on a personal note, can I hire you to organize MY life????

later, Linda.

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the purple and yellow combo - really pretty. Wish it was warm enough to see some butterflies :-(

petra,s cards said...

wauw linda its gorgeous!!! perfect colloring!
xx petra

Ebru Vatansever said...

I love the purple and orange colors you used to create your Easter Card Linda. Also the flourish die gives it that final finishing touch. I love it !!!

Dana White said...

This is so pretty - I love the flourish die you used! Oh I remember the rains out there - however you could be here where it's below 0 again & a little snow.....

CraftyViolet said...

Love your card - as usual.
I was sending the ones I made to Stampin' Bella each week but they didn't bother posting the last two so I quit bothering.

Pauline said...

Very pretty Linda. Love those colours together and that flourish just sets if off.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. All in pencils? Wow. Wish I could have seen your bright version. Maybe next time.

Leslie said...

ONGoodness, that is so pretty! LOVE the flourish over the edge of the image...lovely! Thanks for your nice comment - I'm starting slowly but having a lot of fun!

Shirley said...

How lovely and perfect for Easter!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails