Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thanks SO much!

For all the well wishes for my Dad!

When I saw him on Sunday I told him that all my blogging and facebook friends were pulling for him and he got a great big grin on! I'm sure one of the first things he will do when he 'breaks out' is to catch up on my blog! Albiet, there won't be much to read since there has not been much blogging for the last couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure he will go searching to see his card up in lights in cyberspace!

Speaking of 'break out' he MAY be heading home today, we should know about 9am! After almost three weeks in the hospital I'm sure he is ready for some fresh air! He's an outdoorsy kinda guy...likes to fish and putz around in his yard. Although he doesn't have a vegetable garden I'll bet he would if their yard was big enough. So I have another card to dedicate to him...this is the BIG GUY'S garden by Mo Manning available in rubber at Stamping Bella.

I really enjoyed colouring him and if I didn't dedicate it to my Dad, I would be dedicating it to my next door neighbor who has a garden that any urban farmer would die for! He often goes out into his yard and fills a basket of tomatoes and hands it to us over the fence! I LOVE my neighbors! He grows the BEST tomatoes I have EVER eaten!

I coloured the image with no particular paper in mind knowing I wanted the overalls a grungy blue with a light brown work shirt and well, you can't really mess with mother nature when it comes to colouring the tomato plant! Going through my 6x6 pads I decided on Basic Grey Marrakech but sponged the edges of the paper with Frayed Burlap Distress ink to tone done the bold blues. And I even used a more neutral colour thread for sewing to keep up with the distress look.


What do ya think? I was pretty pleased! I stamped him on bella's BESTEST paper and used the following copics:
E50, 51, 53,
B41, 21, 32, 34 (shading with E41, 42) for the overalls
E40, 41, 42, 43, 44 (shirt)
E74 (hair) W2, 4, 6, 7 (basket)
R24, 37, 39, Y00 (tomatoes)
YG63, 67 (tomato plant)

I rarely do this, and please don't ask me to make it a habit, but I even jotted down the pencils I used (probably because there were few so the list was manageable!)...these are prismacolor...
sandbar brown, chocolate and sepia for the 'dirt'
light cerrulean blue and true blue for the blue shading

didn't use any pencils on the main image.

that's it...quoting a chinese proverb...

if you would be happy all your life...
plant a garden

till next time, Linda.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Hi there!
You make the most wonderful cards and I - a beginner in the art-jungle - love them all and find such good & nice inspiration from You. Thanks!
Let me just say it this way:
I follow only one blog - Yours!

(people usually follow heaps of blogs...)

Keep up your wonderful work and best wishes for this Tuesday.

/ Victoria, Sweden

Andrea said...

wow, what a great card, love it
hugs andrea

Cindy H. said...

Wonderful news! I hope it works out that your dad comes home today. Great card!! I think you should give him a gardening catalog along with the card... who knows maybe he'll take an interest:) Thanks for sharing the Copics and Prismas that you used.

Sherri said...

Only you could make a guy card that beautiful! I'm glad your Dad is doing well.
Thanks for all the amazing cards you do that inspire all of us!

Crafty Cath said...

So glad to hear your Dad is on the road to recovery and will soon be able to breath some fresh air. This card and the one before it are fabulous! I actually cracked quite the chuckle when I saw your previous post. Will he actually follow the do's and don'ts? It sure was a neat idea for a card. Sistah - you're shading is so lifelike. Even under stress you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails