Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Forward

Our clocks moved ahead here overnight and I lost an hour of my precious weekend but I'll give it up for ANY sign that spring is just around the corner. I'm even growing tired of wearing my tall kick butt Michael Kors boots so that has got to mean I'm officially DONE with old man winter.

For this spring forward day I decided to celebrate with Stamping Bella's SCRIBBLE GARDEN. I'll admit, I'm a sucker for flower images and know this piece of rubber will be seeing a lot of love from this babe.


I didn't write down all the copics I used because there were a LOT, it seemed that half my basket was spread out on the table. It was overwhelming and wouldn't have been apparent where they were used anyhow so I didn't bother.

What I will tell you however, is that I started colouring this image with B0000 in the background BEFORE I started on any flowers. I went in between each flower and then used my blender to soften the outside edges. Then after colouring the flowers with copics I added just a bit of blue shading with a pencil here and there where I wanted some deeper colour. Then I added some tiny dots of liquid applique and glitter and that scalloped edge was created by cutting one edge of my paper in a large spellbinders die called Curved Rectangles. A little ribbon, a little stitching and we are good to go!

Don't forget about our Friday challenge....a nice easy sketch! And I haven't said this in a while, but when you play you do have a chance at winning some Bella Bucks...and if you comment, you could increase your winnings! The more you play, the more chances you have at winning and you can build up those bucks in your account until you are ready to SHOP!

Well, I'm outta here...it's a jammie day!

7 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Hey.....thanks for the reminder on the time... forgot..oops.. anyway great colouring. Way to think outside the box by using your spellbinder to create a decorative edge!!!

Karen said...

Great card! I love that image too. As always, your colouring is so inspiring!

Leslie said...

I was scared of this stamp as it's big but you'd done a gorgeous job, as usual! Great tip using the edge of your nestie - must remember that and to usse B0000 around flower edges first!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Linda,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cat said...

absolutely beautiful! TFS

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Linda this is soooo beautiful the image and papers look totally superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shirley said...

OMGosh! I am in love with this. Your colors and choice of support embellishments is just outstanding!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails