Sunday, January 15, 2012

AJ Monday is BACK!

YAY!!!! I don't think I have messed around in my art journal since the beginning of December and this was a much needed change of pace.

Emily's theme for this week was "RESOLUTION" and I don't make resolutions, I am much more a 'go with the flow' type of person but that didn't stop me. I put all my 'carding' stuff away, cleared off my space, and pulled out my mixed media products. On this page I mainly stuck with sprays, stencils and gesso. Specifically, S.E.I. tumble dye sprays (LOVE THEM!) and crafters workshop stencils.


One tip I learned from Roben-Marie is to work on plain newsprint paper. Use it to catch the 'over spray' or to blot off your stencils. In the end you are left with some lush 'inky paper' which can be put to use in so many ways. Lately I have been using it to die cut out a word for my page and this time I used a Quickutz alphabet for the word resolve. I love how the 'inky' paper ties in the colours of the page and lets me add a focal word that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I was also pretty excited that I got to use my new Stamping Bella grungy sets that are OH SO PERFECT for art journalling....journal your art out moody fingers and journal your art out grungy set #1. LOVE both of these and hope to put them to use in a card soon.

Now if you click on the pic, it should blow up large enough to read my resolution, which is NO resolution at all! But just to take life one day at a time and enjoy the things that make me happy day by day. Once they don't make me happy anymore, I'm gonna move on to something that does.

I'm an easy rider!

Linda.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I'll drink to that!!!!!! I like your toast!
Sandy'

Bren said...

fabulous linda. i think you did actually make a resolution there??
be happy. :)

dpkennedy said...

Perfect resolution! Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails