Monday, January 23, 2012

Pickle Classes are BACK!

Yes, for all the locals here I will be teaching a copic class at Pickle...no certification or anything 'formal' like that (I'm, not certified!)...more of a 'this is how Linda does it' type of class. My classic style of starting with markers and finishing with pencils. It gets me the best of the two things I love, colour saturation and texture! Of course I had to throw in some bella goodness into the class and this week I'll be posting both of the cards I'll be doing with a total list of class supplies at the end of this post so you can start getting those supplies in order. Remember, you must come with your own supplies to this class.

First up is Birdie Jane.


There were a couple different ways I could have approached the folds in her skirt, but I decided to go simple to give you all a chance to create long strokes of colour without paying attention to detail.. Another thing I am going to show you is how to create some soft shading around your image using copics. The biggest problem I hear in class is that you all have trouble doing that with pencil so I thought we would give copics a try this time. DON'T FORGET TO BRING THAT BLENDER because you will need it!

Class details:
Where: The Paper Pickle
When:  Saturday February 18th
Supplies: listed below (this is a complete class list that will cover both images)

copics:
colorless blender
E0000, 000, 00, 11, 35, 37, 51, 53, 55
BG10, 11, 32, B0000, 00, YG0000
G82, 85, R20, 30, RV32, 34, C4

prismacolor pencils:
904 Light Cerrulean Blue
905 Aquamarine
1004 Yellow Chartreuse
1081 Chestnut
1029 Mahogany Red
930 Magenta
French Grey 50% and 90%
White

Sharpen those pencils and juice up those markers and I'll see you soon!

Linda.

8 comments:

Bren said...

Oh how I would love to be attending that class, unfortunately I am on the other end of the world, FL. Poop is all I can say. Jane is done beautifully though

craftyb said...

Stunning! Lucky local gals...I'd LOVE a "this is how linda does it" kinda class! bx

Cindy H. said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous!

Linda Carson said...

Oh that's stunning!

Karen said...

Sighhhhh.... this is so serene and pretty. I could just sit and admire that shading all day. Gorgeous!

dpkennedy said...

This is so beautiful! Love the depth and range of color you get using both mediums!

paula tracy williamson said...

Damn, I have to admit it (maybe I am just really tired?) but this is stunning !! Lol...yes, you know my little name for you...yup, I am saying it over and over and over.

Sandy said...

I just can't get over your beautiful coloring - big sigh!!!!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails